Thursday, August 27, 2009
Phoenix Charter School
Some of the kids started school this week and its been great. The school is awesome. The class sizes are only 17 students and under and most of the younger classrooms have and aide as well. It goes from prek 3 up to 12th grade. I think last year was their first year to have a graduating class. Its a small school but they really pay attention to your kid and offer so many different ways to learn. They separate the ages so that they don't get in the way of each other. There is a big field in between the elementary building and the big kids building. I don't know much about the big kid building and how they run stuff but I really like the elementary program. They do a lot of art and music. They learn spanish from the begining. Jonathan is in pre k 4 and he was learning some words this week, although he didn't remember them when I asked him. Emily is taking keyboarding and learning how to type using two hands. Their music teacher teaches them notes and they have a ton of keyboards so each student in a class has a turn. I've heard they are planning on building a new building that will be huge, for everyone. Its weird to think maybe we might not move out of this area and my kids could end up going to this school until they graduate. Since I went to so many schools and I have moved so much, this is foreign to me. I've heard about people having friends that they grew up with, how do they do it? Hopefully we won't have to move. This is Emily's 3rd school and she is in 4th grade. We are all sick of moving. I can handle one more move into a house that we buy and thats it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let Jamie know that I can relate. I used to wait in Spokane on the couch downstairs waiting for the wheels of the bus to show through the basement window. It was so nice having you all come home.
ReplyDeleteWOW. only 2 kids at home, even though I'm sure they keep you busy that has to be a nice change of pace. I'm so happy the kids are in such a good school, that is so important. I'm VERY happy for you guys, but miss you a lot. Tell all your kids anutie shell loves them!!! Are the kids loving it?
ReplyDelete