


Leah turned one yesterday. We spent the day going to a doc appt and WIC appt, then I had to make it up to her and took her to the park where her and Jamie had a great time with some of their friends. We had the missionaries over for dinner , which is always a treat. We have some awsome missionaries in this area. We all enjoyed the M&M cake and icecream. Leah then opened her present which was some sippy cups and a book. She loved the sippy cups and has been carrying them around since she got them. Except for the time she hid one of them under the cushion of the rocking chair, which was a surprise for Jon when he sat down. I guess there is hope that I will be able to ween her. I must admit that I have conflict. I love the closeness that I feel when I nurse. She is still so small that in many ways still reminds me of an infant. I want to enjoy this time. It feel that these infant moments are stolen from me. A year ago I was all excited because I was going to have a baby and I wasn't having to move right after she was born. After Jessica, Jonathan, and Jamie we moved with in a month or two of their births. It is so stressful and I didn't want to do that again. But because of "stuff" we moved when she was 2 months old. First to live with my parents and then a month later down to Texas. After living here for a month and a half we ended up starting our own buisness. The house wasn't even unpacked and Leah was changing and learning so fast. Then as things started to come together, summer hit, five kids at home, babysitting, library, park days, trips to see family, summer was hectic and Leah was mobile. Then school started and she was walking. Now she wants to play with the big kids outside. So when she crawls up into my lap and tries to rip my shirt off so that she can cuddle and find safety, I like being that place for her. But I know that I need sleep, its been a long time since I slept, and the only way to do that is to move on and to ween her. I've never had to do that. Jessica and Jamie were put on formula because I was pregnant again and Emily and Jonathan weened themselves. They lost interest around 10 or 11 months. So even though I have had five kids this is new to me. Wow, what a year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment